Welcome to our art room!!

I am Ms. Bandstra! These are some of the things we like to do in the art room.

Friday, October 2, 2015

Things you may hear from my students, "My Art Teacher Painted a Car"

This summer was a busy one in my studio.  I was honored to have my work selected to be a part of many projects.  One of my paintings was selected to be part of a statewide campaign through Experience Grand Rapids  where my painting was shown on billboards around town and across the state.
Then I had my first Solo show at http://osteriarossa.com/.  I created 11paintings all involving scenes of Grand Rapids.  From those paintings, I was selected by Betten Honda to paint a car during ArtPrize.
Wendy Foy was a huge help.




My ArtPrize entry this year is at Women's City Club.  http://www.artprize.org/7-hungry-artists/2015/feast I was amazed at how this collaboration turned out.  So Proud to be a part of this entry.

I love talking to my students about my experiences as a practicing artist, I hope it inspires them to follow their dreams.  I dreamed of being an artist and an art teacher as a child. I am so thankful I get to live out my childhood dream every day.  

1 comment: